Monday, 7 July 2008
Hollywood strikes again.
1) Hancock - the bad guy in the film played by English actor Eddie Marsan. Film also features a 'funny' nasty scene of child abuse where a blonde , blue eyed young child, a french child, is violently thrown into the air by the 'hero' hancock.
2) Wanted - villain played by Terence Stamp english actor
4) Get Smart - villain played by english actor Terence Stamp (again)
5) Kung Fu Panda - the evil tiger villain voiced by English actor Ian McShane
6)The Incredible Hulk - the villain played by Tim Roth english actor
7) Indiana Jones and the Crystal skull - villains played by English actor Ray Winstone and Cate Blanchett
Not a bad total - of the top 10 movies in the US 6 of those films use English actors to portray the villains or have the villains as english.
But hey, this isnt typecasting or stereotyping is it.
I wonder if these actors ever wonder what the effect on young english people is when they make their careers out of playing constant parts that denigrate the english.
I suppose the money is good and they dont care.