Tuesday 10 May 2011

I Heard This Song On The Radio

I heard this song on the radio the other day and remembered just how much I loved it as a kid ;


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYZ5XoHxC3I&NR=1


I also realised that the 'vibe' in the country today is the same as it was in 1976-1977 in the heyday of punk.

Something new is coming that will destroy and subvert the pop music / plastic boyband shite that dominates the charts these days.

I dont know what it is - but when it is here it will cause a new cultural explosion just like punk did.

It will be raw, visceral and in your face with the energy and power of punk.

A new White Noise type of rock that I suspect that will finally take the white noise / skinhead / punk /Oi ! sound out of the margins and into the mainstream.

The era of 'White Riot' type punk rock is about to hit again.

I suspect it will be a mixture of the sounds of The Sex Pistols / Slipknot / Sham 69 and The Undertones - two minute classic hard rock / punk tunes you can sing along with and mosh too at the same time.
















Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at all the musical revolutions of the past decades, they were driven by men, men in the bands and men in production. Men are responsible for producing the visceral sounds of all the new movements before they are sanitised and sold to the masses. (Blues, Beat, Rock, Prog, Punk, House, whatever). What British (western) society is lacking now however is definitive masculinity, the seed of creativity.